Thursday, November 11, 2010

I'm Not Dead, I Promise

Like the title says: Really, I'm not dead. I just kind of had life sneak up on me and maul me so viciously, like life tends to do.

My life isn't too drastically different from when I last posted, I suppose - I'm still nursing Aurora, although now with her at 14 months the concerns of my low supply are behind us. She nurses for the comfort now, and I don't really make enough for it to be any more than that. This is fine, this is what I wanted, and words cannot express just how happy I am to be able to tell people, "Yes, I have a low milk supply, but look what I managed to do!" It makes me happy to know that I could potentially be a cheerleader to other women dealing with the same thing.

Aurora is also walking. She was a little behind in physical milestones, learning to roll over at about 5 months, to sit up unassisted at about 7 or 8 months, putting herself into a seated position at 9 months, crawling at 10 months. I had to fight back the scream of joy I wanted to let out when she learned to walk at 12 and a half months old, and now at 14 months she practically runs, and has also figured out how to walk backward. Is this normal? I have no idea.

I'm having a bit of a personal struggle at the moment - I appear to be unable to lose weight. I started up my Wii Fit Plus again, and was just watching my weight sloooooowly creep up, anywhere from a quarter to a half pound a day. This may be possibly explained by the approach of my lady time (due tonight) or a completely freakish late ovulation and thus pregnancy. I will readily admit that I haven't been perfect with my eating, and could probably stand to drink a bit more water than I do, although I drink normally about 9 glasses or so. I guess what I'm saying is, I know I'm doing a lot of stuff wrong, but it's REALLY discouraging to just watch that line that is my weight slowly creeping up.

I've been following FlyLady and WOW. My house has been looking phenomenal. (Although not as good as it could, as I look into my kitchen and cringe) My husband appreciates coming home to a house that's at least not trashed, which is something he didn't always get from me. Before Aurora was born, I will freely admit that I didn't do much at all. I'd kind of run around picking stuff up in a dash, throwing it all into the "spare room" (or as I fondly called it, "the place stuff goes to die") and vacuuming before guests come over. I'd kind of try to keep people out of the kitchen (as that was always a wreck) and... I can't do that in this condo. The kitchen is truly the heart of this home, right next to the dining room, which is right next to the living room. I can't try to hide it from people. So, I must clean it, and that's really where my main encouragement has been. I'm pretty excited.

I suppose I should leave more updates for future posts so I have reason to write, huh?

3 comments:

  1. BAH! I lost my entire post!! Stupid browser!!

    I was saying... you simply must read "Health at Every Size" by Dr. Linda Bacon. Very informative and some very startling truths about weight and dieting. I'd buy it for everyone in my family if I thought I could get away with it.

    I think I'm going to give away one on my next blog give-away. Definately worth the read. (I'd write more now but Elora is up and demanding ATTENTION NOW!!)

    I'm glad you're still around! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmm Bacon. I mean, wait... No, just kidding. I'll definitely look into that book. I'm arranging Christmas lists anyway, so that's a good thing to add to it, along with Adventures in Tandem Nursing and The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog. I'm a fan of FlyLady too... she is genius! Lol I'm following you and I look forward to seeing what else you have to write about.

    http://kimberli-findingmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete